The Stitch House, designed by Gomes + Staub Architects, couples the benefits of prefabricated construction with the customization possibilities of on-site construction.
- 2048 ft²
- 3 bedrooms
- 2.5 baths
- 10 foot ceilings
- 8-foot tall aluminum sliding windows with insulated double-pane low-e glazing
- Fiber-cement siding and trim
- >R-30 roof insulation, R-19 wall insulation
- Fully-adhered EPDM membrane roof
- Wood floors, with carpet in the bedrooms and tile in the kitchen and bathrooms. Other options are available.
- Built-in shelving and desks throughout
- Fully wired for phones, computers, and home entertainment
- 200 Amp electrical service
The prefabricated body of the Stitch House is paired with a site-specific Stitch, which provides exterior living spaces and links the house to the specific conditions of its site. The Stitch is specifically designed for each house and can include exterior terraces, multi-level decks, a carport or garage, or additional interior living space.